February 28, 2015 Leave a Comment Written by Admin
Many people love strawberries which are an extremely popular fruit for growing indoors because they require a relatively small amount of space, and produce fruits very quickly. Strawberries grow same in containers as they do when planted in the ground.
How to plant strawberries in strawberry pots Here’s what you will need
- Strawberry plant
- Potting mix
- A strawberry pot
- Go to your local nursery and buy organic strawberry plant.
- Place the plant in water for about one hour before planting it in the pot.
- Choose a potting container that has few drainage holes for your strawberry plants.
- Fill the pot with soil and insert your strawberry plant, filling around it with soil.
- When you get to two inches below the rim of the pot, stop adding soil.
- You want to make sure, when you’re planting a strawberry plant, that the roots are pointing straight down into the soil and that the soil level is at the collar of the plant (where the plant is green).
- Than water the plant.
- Place your pot in a spot that gets more than six hours of sun per day.
Container Strawberry Growing Tips:
- Strawberries are typically the first fruit to ripen, in the spring.
- Put your strawberry containers in a sunny area and turn them 180 degrees twice a week to keep both sides of the plants exposed evenly to sunlight. Remember to keep the soil moist, not wet.
- If possible, to prevent disease, water in the morning or during the day, not in the evening.
Don’t Forget To Share This Useful Information With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!